Wednesday 13 March 2013

Jeremy Guscott's Six Nations Q&A

Wales open-side Sam Warburton
- Who will win the Wales v England title decider
- Why England are struggling to score tries
- Interim coach Rob Howley's impact on Wales
- How many Scots will make the Lions Tour
- David Pocock's season-ending injury
Jerry answers questions posted on the website at the start of every week - entries are now closed for this Q&A. This week's answers appear below.
Hi Jerry, quite simply, England or Wales? Azaer
Hi Azaer, straight to the point as always. Quite simply, I believe Wales will win the match and England will win the title, ie Wales will not secure the likely  that would see them overhaul England at the top of the table.
Hi Jeremy, who was the best coach you ever played under and what would he be doing this week in the build-up to the game against Wales to make sure that the Italy performance wasn't repeated by England? Buccaneer
Hi Buccaneer, I can't single out one coach, but Brian Ashton and Ian McGeechan were two of the best coaches I ever had the pleasure to talk with about how the game can be played. I'm really not sure what Geech and Brian would do leading up to a Grand Slam game though, because it's hard to get inside the minds of others.
I had the good fortune to play in four Grand Slam games. The first, against Scotland in 1990, was strange because I didn't know what to expect as I hadn't been in that situation before. All I knew was that I wanted to win another game, but Scotland played better and deserved their 13-7 win, which also gave them the Grand Slam.

No comments:

Post a Comment